GMIL are Hiring
Goodman Medical Ireland Limited (GMIL) is a progressive and dynamic manufacturer of medical devices, mainly concerned with the development and manufacture of cardiovascular devices and implants. GMIL has been operating successfully since 2004 and we have built our success on the belief that finding, employing and continually developing the right people is one of the keys to building a safe and effective medical devices. We are currently recruiting for the below positions.
The successful candidate will maximize the performance (quality, output volume, & cost) of manufacturing processes within GMIL, by providing high impact technical/operational support, and by developing processes to the highest possible standards.
They will co-ordinate and complete Kaizen activities and development of technicians with a mindset of improvement.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
The role will involve the responsibility for the following:
- To implement appropriate process controls on to GMIL manufacturing processes for robust and repeatable commercial product manufacturing.
- Responsible for driving yield, availability and throughput improvement in CER.
- To maximise manufacturing process performance through effective implementation of Lean Sigma methodology.
- To apply a scientific approach to problem solving, combining analytical and experimental skills to maximise overall equipment effectiveness.
- To ensure that all Engineering work and designs are carried out to appropriate GMP, QA/Regulatory Authority standards and Environmental Health and Safety standards.
- To support the development of new processes in conjunction with Process/Manufacturing/R&D Engineering ensuring that new processes are stable and capable.
- To provide technical support to new product/technology introductions.
- To support the development of in-house Subject Matter Experts (SME) across the range of core technologies.
- To ensure that non-conforming products and processes are evaluated and corrected on assigned projects in accordance with process controls and procedures.
- To lead NCR, CAPA resolution in their area and to implement robust corrections to failures.
- To execute Validation activities as required in conjunction with the validation dept.
- To provide direction and guidance to technician team for assigned CER.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Min of 5 years of professional experience in a responsible Manufacturing Engineering/ Process Development role within Medical Device/Healthcare or similar type industry.
- Proven Implementation of Lean Manufacturing experience is essential.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt qualification is highly desirable and will have a significant advantage.
- Catheter manufacturing experience is highly desirable and would be an advantage.
- Excellent Communication (both verbal and written) & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages including Word, Access, Excel.
- Experience with team work and proven ability working with other functional roles.
- Excellent understanding of problem solving methodologies is required.
- Flexible, highly motivated individual, positive ‘can – do’ attitude and a proven track record in team leadership.
- Some level of people management experience is desirable.